1. Audit your Chico real estate agent’s online marketing. Over 90% of home buyers in Chico California begin their house hunt online, and they will never even get in the car to come and view your Chico home if the Chico real estate online listings are not compelling. This means having compelling photos of your Chico Ca home. Your Chico Ca real estate agent should show a minimum of six pictures of your home in the listing, and preferably more in order to attract more potential buyers.
2. If you are a member of Chico Ca neighborhood online message boards or email lists, send a link to your Chico Ca home’s online listing to all your neighbors. This in turn will generate interest from people that your neighbors know who are house hunting and who have always wanted to live in the Chico area.
3. Make a video of your Chico Ca house and post it on YouTube. Buy an inexpensive camcorder and make a video by walking through your Chico Ca house and also around your neighborhood. Make appropriate comments about your favorite places in your locality. Buyers like to know that a home was well-loved, and it helps them visualize living a great life there, too.
4. Leave some good stuff behind. What can make your Chico Ca home stand out from the rest of the homes on the market is by leaving behind some of your personal property, ideally items that are above and beyond what the average home buyer in your home’s price range would be able to afford.
5. List your Chico Ca home on Facebook. Facebook is the great connector of people. If you have two hundred friends and they each have two hundred friends, imagine how many people will see your Chico Ca home on Facebook.
6. Improve the exterior of your Chico Ca home. Improve the outside look of your Chico Ca home with fresh paint, immaculate landscaping and even outdoor furniture. Buyers often think about enjoying their backyards by entertaining and spending time outside.
7. Beat the competition with condition. Carry out any repairs needed to improve your Chico Ca homes’ condition. In many markets, much of the competition is low-priced foreclosures and short sales which are in poor condition.
8. Be realistic in pricing your Chico Ca home. Today’s buyers are well educated about the price of comparable homes in the area, and they also know that they’re in the driver’s seat. So you need to be equally aware of the prices of comparable homes in your area and then set your price below them in order to compete.
9. Access to your Chico Ca home for sale is essential. Homes that don’t get shown don’t get sold and many foreclosures and short sale listings are vacant, so they can be shown anytime. Make it easy for potential purchasers to view you Chico Ca home by not placing any restrictions on when the house can be viewed or by making potential purchasers having to make appointments to view weeks in advance. Be flexible.
10. De-personalize. Do this – pretend you’re moving out. Take all the things that make your home “your” personal sanctuary (e.g., family photos, religious décor and kitschy memorabilia), pack them up and put them in storage. Buyers want to visualize your house being their house – and it’s difficult for them to do that with all your personal items marking the territory as yours.
11. De-clutter. Keep this pretend you are moving in motion. Pack up anything that you have not used in at least a year. Throw out all your junk.
12. Get clued into your competition. Work with your Chico Ca real estate agent to find out about the price, type of sale and condition of the other homes your home is up against. It is also a good idea to go and view any other houses for sale in your area. Know your competition and make any necessary improvements to your house to bring it past the level of the competition.
13. Listen to your Chico Ca real estate agent. Follow the professional advice of your Chico Ca real estate agent when selling your Chico CA home.