By creating a blueprint for your move, the transition to your Chico home will go much more smoothly.Here are ten things you can do to prepare for a seamless transition when moving to your home in Chico Ca.
1. Full serve, partial serve or a do-it-yourself move. You may be able to make the house move without outside help or will need to hire a licensed moving company for a full-service or partial-service move, this is the first choice you will need to make when moving to your Chico Ca house. This decision will depend upon your lifestyle, household size, budget and amount of time you have to get everything accomplished. In order to get the best deal, should you decide to utilize outside help during the move, get three quotes on the cost of the move to your Chico Ca home.
2. Be strategic about packing to your new Chico Ca home. Start your packing early and do not leave it to the last minute. Discard as much junk as you can while packing for your move. As you’re going through your belongings, divide everything into these helpful categories: donate to charity, give to a friend, recycle, trash, pack now, or keep handy until moving day to your Chico Ca home.
3. Plan to unpack BEFORE you pack. Plan where you want to put your furniture by taking photos of each room in the new home and use a clip board to identify where each item should go in your next home before packing, and carry it with you on moving day to your new Chico Ca home.
4. Don’t fight with your pet. The packing and constant flow of people in and out of the house can be really stressful for your pet while making the move to your Chico Ca home. Consider checking your pet into a daycare facility, or setting up a time for a friend to take.
5. Moving is NOT child’s play. If you have children you will need to ensure they are comfortable during your Chico Ca house move. A good idea may be to leave them with a friend while you make the move thus keeping them safe. This will help everyone remain happy and calm on moving day.
6. Take pictures of electronic hook-ups. Before unplugging any wires for the move, take photos of the connections, print them out and label them in detail. This will create fewer headaches when setting up technology in your new Chico Ca home.
7. Keep track of small parts. Put all the screws etc you remove when dismantling furniture into small baggies and clearly mark and seal them.
8. Packing cleaning products can be dangerous. It is best to safely dispose of any cleaning products and toxins such as detergents, pesticides and paint rather than try and move them to your new Chico Ca home.
9. Know your rights. Know your consumer rights when dealing with your Chico Ca moving company if they fail to live up to their promise.
10. Consider getting full value insurance protection. If using a professional mover, it may cost a few dollars extra, but it provides peace of mind and eliminates later annoyances. Investing in full value protection means any lost or damaged articles will be repaired or replaced, or a cash settlement will be made at current market value, regardless of age.
Follow these tips while moving to your new Chico Ca home and the move will be
smooth, seamless, and most of all stress free.